Traditional Broadsheet Artwork Guidelines
- Set up your document to the size of one page - width 380mm x height 578mm.
- Leave a 15mm margin at the top, bottom, inside and outside edge of each page. It is not possible to print a full double-page spread on a traditional broadsheet.
- Traditional broadsheets can be a minimum of 2 pages, and a maximum of 20 pages.
- Pages must be in multiples of 2.
- Find out more about pages, spreads and sheets.
Read our traditional printing guide for essential information on colour, and the glossary for an explanation of any unfamiliar terms.
- Colours can be CMYK or greyscale.
- Do not use RGB or spot colours.
- Black and white photos and artwork should be set to print greyscale.
- Colour profiles - You can use any generic CMYK colour profile. We will manage colour before printing, to reduce ink coverage to an acceptable level for newsprint.
Text and images
Minimum font size
- The smallest font size we recommend is 8pt, although some fonts may print well at smaller sizes.
- Export your PDF as single pages, in reading order, with no crop marks or bleed added.
- See our export guide for full instructions.