Digital Tabloid Artwork Guidelines
Use this guide to set up a digital tabloid for printing. Read our digital printing guide for essential information before designing your newspaper, and the glossary for an explanation of any unfamiliar words.
Download a template to get started.
- Set up your document to the size of one page - width 289mm x height 380mm.
- 15mm margin at the top, bottom and outside edge of each page. It is possible to print a double-page spread on a digital tabloid.
Read our digital printing guide for essential information on colours in digital printing.
- CMYK or greyscale only.
- No spot colours or RGB colours.
- Set black and white photos and artwork to print greyscale.
- Set black text and details to print 100%K (just black ink).
- Colour profiles - You can use any generic CMYK colour profile.
Text and images
- We recommend you set your image resolution between 150dpi and 300dpi - for more information see our guide to image resolution.
Minimum font size
- The smallest font size we recommend is 8pt, although some fonts may print well at smaller sizes.
- Export your PDF as single pages, in reading order, with no crop marks or bleed added.
- See our export guide for full instructions.