- Set up your document to the size of one page - width 170mm x height 250mm.
- Add 5mm bleed to the top, bottom and outside edge of each page. Your document size including bleed should be width 175mm x height 260mm.
- Don’t add bleed to the inside edge of your pages.
Trimming isn’t exact, so we have defined a safe area, where you can place artwork and be sure that it won’t be trimmed. The safe area starts 10mm from the trim line, at the top, bottom and outside edge of each page.
- Minimum 16 pages, maximum 64 pages
- Pages must be in multiples of 8
A word about trimming and bleed...
Trimming isn’t exact so follow these guidelines to make sure your newspaper looks good:
- Make sure any backgrounds that you want to go to the edge of the page, completely fill the bleed, to avoid white lines around the edge of your artwork.
- Avoid having straight lines running parallel to the trim line, as these can enhance any wonky trimming.
- Anything outside the safe area may be trimmed.
Read our digital printing guide for essential information on colours in digital printing.
- CMYK or greyscale only.
- No spot colours or RGB colours.
- Set black and white photos and artwork to print greyscale.
- Set black text and details to print 100%K (just black ink).
- Colour profiles - You can use any generic CMYK colour profile.
Text and images
- We recommend you set your image resolution between 150dpi and 300dpi - for more information see our guide to image resolution.
Minimum font size
- The smallest font size we recommend is 8pt, although some fonts may print well at smaller sizes.
- Export your PDF as single pages, in reading order, with 5mm bleed added to the top, bottom and outside edge of each page and no crop marks.
- See our export guide for full instructions.