- Set up your document to the size of one page - width 180mm x height 260mm.
- Add 5mm bleed to the top, bottom and outside edge of each page. Your document size including bleed should be width 185mm x height 270mm.
- Don’t add bleed to the inside edge of your pages.
- Trimming isn’t exact, so we have defined a safe area, where you can place artwork and be sure that it won’t be trimmed.
- The safe area starts 10mm from the trim line, at the top, bottom and outside edge of each page.
- Minimum 16 pages, maximum 64 pages.
- Pages must be in multiples of 8.
A word about trimming and bleed...
Trimming isn’t exact so follow these guidelines to make sure your newspaper looks good:
- Make sure any backgrounds that you want to go to the edge of the page, completely fill the bleed, to avoid white lines around the edge of your artwork.
- Avoid having straight lines running parallel to the trim line, as these can enhance any wonky trimming.
- Anything outside the safe area may be trimmed.
Read our traditional printing guide for essential colour information, and the glossary for an explanation of any unfamiliar terms.
- CMYK or greyscale.
- No spot colours.
- Black and white photos and artwork should be set to print greyscale.
- Colour profiles - You can use any generic CMYK colour profile. We will manage colour before printing, to reduce ink coverage to an acceptable level for newsprint.
Text and images
- We recommend you set your image resolution between 150dpi and 300dpi - for more information see our guide to image resolution.
Minimum font size
- The smallest font size we recommend is 8pt, although some fonts may print well at smaller sizes.
- Export your PDF as single pages, in reading order, with 5mm bleed added to the top, bottom and outside edge of each page and no crop marks.
- See our export guide for full instructions.