Last updated: 29th May 2014
For Content Publishers Contribute to the Site
Any Content which you and other users post, upload, submit for publication in newspapers or otherwise contribute to the Site using the functionality provided by the Site is generally known as “user generated content” or “UGC” for short. Paragraphs 1.3 to 1.6 below set out the rules for contributing content, how we and other users may use your UGC and how you can use their UGC. Your UGC includes any comments that you post in relation to the newspapers that appear on the Site.
Obviously we positively encourage users to make full use of the Site and in particular to participate by linking to newspapers and posting comments. However, to ensure that everyone has an enjoyable and satisfying experience, we require that you abide by these rules when contributing to the Site.
The following rules apply to the Content that you include in newspapers that you submit for publication and when contributing your comments and other UGC to the Site. Please see clause 23, General Promises, Liability and Disclaimer in our Terms and Conditions, for details regarding your responsibility in respect to UGC.
You will not:
- submit or post material that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, threatening or that infringes the intellectual property rights or other rights of others;
- submit, post or transmit any harassing, abusive, hateful, or embarrassing messages or other material to any other person as determined by us in our sole discretion;
- modify or otherwise interfere with any other user's Content;
- after receiving a warning, continue to post comments that are not related to the topic being discussed or the subject matter of the Site (as applicable);
- submit or post chain letters or pyramid schemes or any other form of solicitation;
- impersonate another person or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with us or any other person or entity or harass another person;
- submit, post or transmit any files containing viruses or other harmful computer code or any files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- harvest or otherwise collect or use information about others without their explicit consent;
- allow any other person or entity to use your identification for posting or viewing newspapers;
- post the same note more than once or “spam”; or
- engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying any area of the Site, or which, in our judgment, exposes us to any liability or detriment of any type.
We reserve the right (but we are not obliged) to do any or all of the following:-
- record the communications that are posted to us;
- investigate a claim that any one or more communications do not conform to the terms of this policy or otherwise with these Terms and determine in our sole discretion what action to take in respect of such communications;
- delete without notice communications which are abusive, illegal, or disruptive, or that otherwise fail to conform with these Terms;
- terminate a user's registration with the Site in accordance with these Terms;
- monitor, edit, or disclose any communication(s) to the Site; and
- edit or remove any communication(s) posted on the Site, regardless of whether such communication(s) breaches these Terms.
To be clear, you are not in any circumstances permitted to:
- make commercial use of any other user's Content;
- photograph or record as or convert into video or audio, all or any part the Content.
- use the Content to compile a database of, or re-create the whole or substantial part of the Content by making repeated and systematic copies of insubstantial parts of, any of the Content;
- alter, modify or circumvent or attempt to circumvent, any copy protection and/or digital rights management measures within the Site or its Content;
- alter or remove any watermarks and/or acknowledgements included in the Content on the Site;
- knowingly permit a minor or any person other than you to access, view or otherwise use the Site or its Content;
- distribute or make available to any minor or any other person any Content on the Site;
- use the Site or its Content for any illegal purpose and in particular you will not interfere with or disrupt the Site or servers or networks connected to the Site, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Site;
- sub-license, sell or rent access to the site or its Content or use the Site or its Content for any illegal purpose;
- remove, obscure or otherwise tamper with any copyright and proprietary notices that relate to or are contained within the Content.